The Fresno Community Scorecard creates an indicator system to mark progress and guide decisions as we work together to execute the community agenda; it is a resource for fact-based decision making.
- Identify community trends and make informed decisions regarding critical issues.
- Compare the Fresno region to other communities.
- Allocate community resources. Effectively.
- Measure the progress of priority initiatives.
- Provide transparency via a public website.
The benefits of this new resource will:
- Make data easily accessible to help inform local and regional policy makers as they face difficult decisions through a user-friendly website interface.
- Provide aggregate data from a variety of sources into a one-stop-shop for grant writers or others who wish to address a variety of community concerns.
- Educate interested citizens on various issues and provide suggestions for personal engagement.
- Give the community a historical framework to better understand causation and policy implications.
- Support the creation of uniform regional standards for data collection, maintenance, and management.
- Provide a holistic picture of the Fresno community to spark a new type of community dialog among government and other influential groups, business sectors, community and grass-roots organizations and individuals.
- Identify priority needs and opportunity areas to catalyze effective responses across the community.
- Capture and record the Fresno region’s successes so we, as a community, may celebrate together.